Do what I love

>> Thursday, April 08, 2010

I get slightly annoyed when people think I take too much holiday or spending too much money on traveling. People might think I take advantage from working at family business - flexible in holiday and better pay.

Ok, I might be travelled more than some people. However, I disagree with the time and money. I guess most people's travel involve some sort of money (flight, luxury hotel, tour,etc) and taking long leave from work but it is not how I travel. All my travels are cheap and well time management.
  • Book flight during promotion - it means you book your flight six months in advance. All my flights are 50% cheaper than normal prices. 
  • Utilize the network - I only choose those countries which I could potential get a free bed or cheap accommodation. I do not mind sleeping on some couches. If I have to pay, will make sure it is good value (cheap and good) 
  • Be a local - I will try my best to be local rather than tourist. I am reluctant to pay ridiculous price for those must do/see activities or places. It does not really matter for me. I enjoy meeting people and the local culture. It also makes my trip cheap. 
  • Plan it smart - I do lots of calculation on cost and time to maximize the money value before any decision. 
  • Be efficient and responsible - taking leave may be hard for most Asian company. I do agree that it is one of the advantages when working for family. For me, as long as I finish my work, I do not have to stay in the office 24/7 to prove that I am hardworking or anything. 
This is my travel philosophy. I enjoy travel more than anything at the moment. I want to maximize my travel experiences when I still have the freedom. I know it will be harder when I have more responsible in the future. This is what I love so stop judging me!!

3 comments:

Annie 09 April, 2010 01:48  

"I guess most people's travel involve some sort of money" <-- just because (in my heart) i wanted hard rock hotel! :(

next year. india. you and me. period. grrr.

1fan 09 April, 2010 03:33  

Yeah just like u never able to convince me to choose this over tune hotel (800% cheaper) just for night! No matter how much I lov hardrock!!

Seriously I don't think India is a good idea for u! I even feel uncomfortable for ur comfort zone :p Let's just go Japan lol

Annie 09 April, 2010 21:27  

oiii!

don't nicely invite me to go Japan then ffk

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP