TEDxKL

>> Sunday, March 28, 2010


I was quite excited about TEDxKL. It was an opportunity for me to reconnect with the ideas, positive energy and passionate people in Malaysia. There are 11 speakers from different part of the society.

Amongst all the speaker, there are two speakers, Peter Nicoll and Aloha Lavina, really got me thinking. Peter from Scotland is running a Community Action Group based in KL to "get people off the street" (address the symptoms of both urban and rural poverty through street food programmes, etc). I was shock that we have 770,000 population in KL are hard poor, living on the street and with hunger. It is HUGE but how many of us in KL actually aware of it and trying to do something to help them. I really appreciate a foreigner, has no responsible to this city/country, but doing such an amazing things for us.

Aloha Lavina, who is a photographer based in Bangkok. First, I love her accent and the words she were using during her presentation. It just sounds so beautiful. It is very interesting to see the world through a photographer philosophy. Three messages she was trying to delivery in the 18minutes - trust process instead of the end result, have fun and pure awareness (Attention shapes reality). She mentioned that you will stop having fun when you are losing your attention. I totally agree with it. At the end, she wrapped up with a phase "The World Is Your Idea". Believing in and focusing on our idea we can shape the world we want.

Pramesh Chandran, who is a technopreneur and was appointed as CEO of TIME dotCom in 2008, is another good speaker. He has given lots of very useful information to the audience why the broadband speed in Malaysia is way behind developed countries and countries in Asia which has high speed broadband with affordable price. It was way out of my imagine how many other parties, government are responsible to this. Except his overtime speech, it was a very informative and interesting presentation.

This event has inspired me to be more proactive and actually make a change in Malaysia society. There are so much I can do and need to be done but what I have I done to make a change in the past eight months? I always want to be an entrepreneur and owning a business. However, I do not want to be someone who only care about how much profit in their business. Impact that I could create always my motivation. I am very excited when I know there are people actually have the same dream as me out there and I am not alone.

p.s. Congratz to a very successful event with great speakers and audiences. One part I was very impressive was the organiser tried very hard to make sure everything on time. It is very rare amongst Malaysia's events. Although it is not perfect, I do see the effort and it is what Malaysian should learn to be.

2 comments:

Anonymous,  31 March, 2010 11:55  

I like TED too. It's thought provoking and eye-opening. Enjoy the show.

Unknown 09 May, 2016 08:02  

La materia loca Tengo un código de créditos de IMVU totalmente libre! Sin ataduras que les están dando de forma gratuita en http://imvucreditsgenerator.com

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP