More than a cup of coffee

>> Tuesday, March 23, 2010

From searching the best Hot Choc in Auckland, the best Mocha in Wellington, now I found the best Cappuccino in Malaysia at Cafe Departure Lounge. 

I am very used the life which could easily access a cup of good Mocha in NZ (Ahhh.. I miss Cubita). It become slightly hard in Malaysia. Yes, Malaysia has lots of coffee franchises/cafe. Sadly, 99% I will receive a cup of coffee with over frothed milk (burn your tongue), coffee is watering (bad coffee bean and milk), which are the perfect combination to ruin my day.

Luckily I can at least have a good cup of coffee once a week at Cafe Departure Lounge. Thanks for the owners who have the passion in making a good cup of coffee and serving good food. Now my perfect weekend (if I am in KL) is spending my afternoon there, having a cup of GOOD coffee/mocha, reading my book, eating a slide of cheese cake and teasing their staffs. What a luxury!

When will they open another branch just next to my office?

p.s Congratz their barista, Yee, for winning the "best cappucino" and 2nd Runner-up awards at Malaysia Barista Championship 2010. It was a very good weekend to experience the passion of coffee. 

It is more than a cup of coffee.

6 comments:

Annie 23 March, 2010 03:16  

why don't you move your office next to my shop? that sounds better :D

thanks for the shout-out! critical customers like you make us work harder to improve :)

shengnan 23 March, 2010 14:23  

Is that the Departure at Solaris Mont Kiara?

1fan 23 March, 2010 15:24  

Yes it is. Have you been there?

shengnan 29 March, 2010 15:24  

Quite often. My office just 5 mins away from that.Love their breakfast...and cappuccino! :)

1fan 29 March, 2010 15:40  

Damn! This makes me so jealous! I'm dying to have a cup of good coffee every morning before starting work!

1fan 29 March, 2010 15:41  

Oh yeah.. if you are working on Sat, you should meet me there for lunch! :)

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP