Malaysia Apple

>> Thursday, July 23, 2009


Do you know Malaysia grow apple?

Dad told me about a place he plans to visit for a long time in Sarawak - Ba'kelalan. Most people in West M'sia won't know about this place. Ba'kelalan is a group of nine villages in the Bario Highlands of Sarawak about 3000 feet above sea level and 4 km from the border with Indonesian Kalimantan. It is a highland you can only reach by flight.

When dad told me about it, the first thing come to my mind is "the apply grow in Malaysia must be soft and sour". But I AM WRONG! Based on the research, it is very crunchy and sweet, and it is impossible to get outside Sarawak. Besides, it also the place has the most expensive rice in Malaysia. The padi is at the highland. Every time we go back Sabah or Sarawak, mum will carry few kgs of rice back home.



I want to organise and pay for a trip to Ba'kelalan for dad and mum next CNY. Sarawak is a very beautiful state. One day, I would like to backpack there.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP