India..Incredible India

>> Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Before I talked about Indian time and Indian promise. So far, I have not adapt this culture. I have more understanding but still not accepted. Last Saturday I discussed these topic with an Indian friend.

why Indian time?
Because everyone will be late
Why India promise?
Because Indian don't mind if the other party broke the promise
(such as they like to say "I'll call you back." Although they would never call you back, Indian don't mind)
After staying for sometime, I kind of get used to it but never agree with it.
Incredible India culture:-
They like to say,
"OK, listen..."
"Do one thing..."
"OK..OK..."
"Take it!"
When you travel, they love to ask,
" Your name?"
"From where?"
When they see an Asian girl like me, then they will say,
"konichiwa"
"Anyohaseiyo"
When you are in the train, early in the morning, someone will shout,
"Chai.. chai... chai" (tea)
"kopi..kopi..kopi... tea..."
"dosa... dosa... dosa..."
The auto driver like to ask,
"Madam, where to go?"
"one and the half"
"double meter"
"150..."
"give me good price"
Why most of the Indians have mustache?
to absorb the energy from sun
when you ask for direction,
it will only "straight"
no matter the answer is YES or NO,
they just shake their head,
it can be yes, no, no problem, so so, OK, not sure, may be ....
decide yourself !!!
If you are optimistic, then you definitely will enjoy the life here because it is really funny.
If not, then you will complaint and suffer all the time.
This is India, either you love it or you hate it.
Everything is just so contrast :)

5 comments:

Annie 31 March, 2007 18:37  

sounds interesting!

1fan 02 April, 2007 15:11  

You should visit India ... hahaha

Annie 02 April, 2007 20:35  

you should pay for my trip.. hahaha

yowkien 20 April, 2007 17:05  

Did you say Chai? Yum yum, delicious Chai tea. I wonder if you can smuggle some out of India for me. Haha...

1fan 20 April, 2007 23:34  

Yowkien: you know chai!!! wow.. i am going to tea plantation I am sure I can get you some good Tea leaf...

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP