7th India Trip: Mamallapuram, March30 - April1st

>> Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Finally I update my India Trip. I suppose to post this to my blog one month ago due to the Indian NETWORK (IT city wor!)I cannot do it!


After Hyderabad, I went to Mamallapuram with other AIESEC interns and their colleague. Mamallapuram is a beach one hour far from Chennai. It means that I went back to Chennai again but only pass by.

We went there by sleeper train. It was the first time I travel with local train. Sometime is good to travel with local people. You do not have to worry too much. After six hours train (kind of short), we arrive Chennai. It was early in the morning. This place seems very familiar. I found out that I wait at the bus stop opposite the train station for very long time few months back. I still remember we had a very pretty Indian sweet but it does not taste as good as how it looks.

My bed in the train

When we arrive, they told us that the whole Tamil Nadu (the state where Chennai is) was on strike because they have the water supply problem with Karnataka (the state where Bangalore is). Oh gosh! This problem I think I heard before I went back to Malaysia, at that time they have strike in Karnataka and Tamil Nadu. After few months, it happened again! India~~

In the shop of some friends... hungry & tired


Luckily we are with local friends, if not I think we will just die near the street because you could not able to buy food and water until 6p.m. Then we went to some friends shop and stay in their shop to waiting for the car to go to Mamallapuram.

After one hour, we had arrived Mamallapuram. Settle the accommodation and looking for the food. Then we spent few hours to look for a resort which allowed us to use their beach and swimming pool. It was kind of stupid but anyway… Finally we got one.

Carmen & Me

Kirsti & Me

I started my original plan – DOING NOTHING AND RELAX on the beach. I really do not enjoy the heat because I have really enough since Chinese New Year to Hyderabad. I do not really want to be real Indian. So I went to the swimming pool, swim for a while then lied at the bench next to it. Reading my “the world is flat”… and fell asleep…

After lunch, I found a good place to sleep again! There are many sleeping net around the area. I picked up a good one slept again! I did not know why I was so tired. Of course I party very hard for two weeks!

At the evening, some people want to go to sightseeing; some people want to go back (me!) After a long discussion, yifan said:” can’t we just separate into two groups!” Yeah! Then Carmen, Kirsti and me went back to hotel. The reason I want to go back was not because I do not want to sightseeing or I want to create problem. It was because I want to have a shower and I want to do the Ayunvera (kerala style) massage.

We found a good value massage. INR350 (US$8.3) per person. However, I am not very like this kind of massage. It is soft massage. I prefer hard massage, as pain as possible. But this was not. Anyway, we have to try the most famous massage in India. Now, I wish to go to Thailand to enjoy the Abusing Massage :p

The massage took quite long, so we could not able to join the dinner with the others. But I always can find good food! I found a seafood restaurant. Since they are closing soon, they offer us each person IRN200 (US$5) with one supper big snapper, big bowl of rice, best French fries in India, and salad. It was good value and enjoyable!

Huge Fish! Good dinner...


Sleep again!

The next day do some sightseeing and it was my shopping day! Spent the afternoon to do my shopping!

Famous Elephant Craving.. Always see in Lonely Planet.. Finally it was in front of me



Butter ball

At night we went Madu house to have a traditional south Indian dinner – My favorite Thali!

P/s: I broke my camera during this trip.. DAMN IT!!!

4 comments:

Annie 11 May, 2007 02:48  

so this was taken before you broke your glasses, eh?

1fan 11 May, 2007 03:20  

this was half from my camera, some from friend!!!

Annie 11 May, 2007 21:16  

i am talking about your glasses la! spectacles! not camera...

1fan 15 May, 2007 20:49  

aiya. sorry .. I cant really remember when did I broke my glasses but similar time... really wish to buy a camera now.. have do some research going to buy Lumix FX01... quite good!! but do not know India got sell or not..

Now I have the problem do not know where to go after this weekend trip :(

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP