Chennai, 20-21 Jan 07

>> Saturday, February 03, 2007

After take a one week rest in Bangalore, I continue my travel journey to Chennai which is capital of Tamil Nadu. The main reason I want to visit this place is here is the “home town” of Malaysian Indian. Most of the India in Malaysia are from Tamil Nadu. Therefore, I would like to know the differences. However, Tamil Nadu is too big I only managed to visit the capital city – Chennai.

After 7 hours bus, which is one of the shortest journey I had in India, I arrived Chennai 5 o’clock in the morning. After meeting Mark and Clay, we went to the Hotel they already booked. It is quite expensive (500 rup) compare with other Hotel we had been, but it is not good.

Then, we went to one whole area which sells many electronic items in very cheap price. There are speaker, pen drive, hard drive, laptop, computer, etc. It is similar with one place in Malaysia – Low Yat Plaza. However, here is 4 size bigger and cheaper. Unfortunately, I didn’t bring enough cash!



After spending 5 hours of searching, I got
Ø One 2GB pen drive US$22
Ø One 1GB camera memory card US$16

Once again, it is fun to bargain in India!!!

At night, we went to beach, I am not sure it is Marina Beach or Elliot Beach, however it is the second widest beach in the world. Although we went at night, I still could feel how big the beach was. Of course, Indian beach always full of rubbish.



huge fish net on the beach


The next day we planned to go Bollywood Film Studio. After 2 hours journey, we finally arrive the biggest Film Studio in Chennai. Unfortunately, it was CLOSED on Sunday. We could not go in. It was really disappointed!!

Train Station in Chennai

Sweet in India is colourful!

poor kids beg in the train station


Anyway, we had to moving on. We went to a temple. I don’t know why I could not remember most of the name in Chennai may be it was just two days. When we arrived the temple, we try to go inside the temple which was not allowed non-Hindu. Of course, we didn’t success.


But we still have another crazy experience; we stand besides the train driver when we went back to Chennai city. It was not allowed for any people. It was fun!

By the time we went back to Hotel already 7pm, the management request us to pay one more day because we check out after 24 hours. Of course we were not willing to pay extra! Therefore, we spent like 1 hour to argue with them. Since they didn’t inform us we had to check out within 24 hours. And there were no information around the hotel or in the contract. So we argue so hard to make sure we did not need to pay 500 rup more.

It was such a good argument because it was a bit scary but end up I had another awesome experience.

Before I leaving, we had one of the best dinner in India – Beef Fried Rice near the street! It was only US$0.5!! I missed it a lot!

death body on the street

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP