First Day in Bombay, 23 Dec 2006

>> Sunday, December 24, 2006

After 2 hours delay flight because of the bad weather, I departed from Bangalore to Mumbai (Bombay) and started my first self travelling experience. The food of Indian Airline was surprisingly delicious.


One and forty minute later, I arrived Bombay which is one of the biggest cities in India. Prepaid ATTO was the best option to go to the AIESEC intern’s house. On the way, the ATTO driver drove to the poor area. The first things came out with my mind was “Am I staying this place?” Of course not, there are few nice apartments behind this poor area. I didn’t feel good because it was obviously shown that the seriousness of property disparity in India.


Without any big problem I found the intern house. I was friendly welcomed by three interns, Jenny, Jerry and Marcos who are chatting in the living room. Before I came to Bombay, I already have my own plan about the place I would like to visit. However, it was better because they offer me the option to go to “World Press Photo 2006” exhibition. Photo or picture means 1000 words. The photo in the exhibition brought a lot of message to me.


There is a transparent swimming pool at the top of the hotel.



After that, we walked by Marine Drive and went to Collaba Causeway to have dinner. Of course, this is such a good place for shopping.


Since we were going to clubbing later, we decided to have some bear in the local bar. This was the first time I went into the local bar although I heard a lot about that when I was in Bangalore. It was a good experience. The most famous beer here is “Kingfisher”. This is a company which I know they produce random stuffs such as mineral water, local airline, beer, etc.

Again, I didn’t expect I will go clubbing in the first day I came to Bombay. I met a lot of interns here although I can’t remember because there are too many people. Nevertheless, it was really fun since I didn’t clubbing for such a long time after leave New Zealand. We spent the night until 4am.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

  © Blogger template Simple n' Sweet by Ourblogtemplates.com 2009

Back to TOP